Pages

April 4, 2012

My Home is my Castle


Some houses don´t need interior design or old beautiful furniture to make it look great, they are already great by themselves. Because of their stained-glass windows, large porches, enormous gardens with fairytale-like appearances, their beautiful stairs, small rooms, pointy roofs, high ceilings and gorgeous details. Houses you see in films (mostly horror ones, but nevertheless), in dreams and described in the most adventurous stories. Houses of which you  hope to one day stumble upon and find that it’s for sale when you just happen to have won the lottery or inherited a huge amount of money from some aunt you never knew you had. Houses in the most breathtaking environments with large trees, a lake and a view of mountains, ocean or deer from your kitchen window every morning. Fairytale-looking houses with a model-looking single neighbor, who brings you flowers from his own garden one day and whom you desperately fall in love with and to have the most adorable children with…
Okey, I digress…
I mean houses like Villekulla and like a mysterious tiny Hogwartscastle; your personal palace. Those amazing houses that take your breath away and never give it back. Some examples:

 









 








                                                                                                                                                   

 


And then there are houses that need a lot of old beautiful furniture and a killing interior designer to make it look a bit homey and atmospheric. Houses with no character at all. Apartments that are build fifty years ago (not old enough to be old, but not new enough to be modern), houses that look like a box, grey concrete complexes and homey-hopeless, homey-impossible cases with no potential whatsoever…
I have one of those.
But please don't get me wrong, I’m not complaining. Well, reading back my story so far it might look a little like I am, but truly I am not. I’m lucky to live here in the first place, being 23, last year student with no steady income yet. So my house asks me to be a little creative and innovating. Not a problem, I see it as a challenge I’m more than willing to take on. I like to try things, create things and I do it myself around the house.
The biggest problem is that it takes patients and it asks a lot of my time. Both aren’t really my cup of tea. I’m kind of a perfectionist without patient… Yes, those to don’t go well together, and yes it’s frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it really.
So I search online for perfect, pretty houses and I look for inspiration to make my house my personal palace. I try things, get inspired and try to inspire others too. And bit by bit I create a place of my own (and my lovely boyfriend). 
I wander around on the world wide web in search for great ideas and inspiration, hoping to one day find that perfect house. That one house with those stained-glass windows and a deer in front of my kitchen window every morning, that one house that is just for sale that day.! 
I shouldn’t forget to buy that winning lottery ticket…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...