Pages

April 28, 2012

Gorgeous Garland



Walking into London's Habitat one day made me fall in love with Tord Boontje, well, his products. Especially his Garland light. His products are inspired by nature and the Garland light is like a string of leaves and flowers and can be wrapped around a light bulb. I bought one and as prescribed I wrapped it around my light bulb at home. But since I've moved I wanted to use it in a different way. 

 














 


At the entrance of Habitat hung this enormous Garland light made out of what looked like a thousand individual Tord Boontje Garland lights. I was impressed. But my wallet (and my entrance) didn't allow me to this too.
>









So when I was paying my almost daily visit to the hardware store during the time we were painting and doing jobs around the apartment, I stumbled upon a lamp. It was a pretty boring one and was actually just a frame. Perfect. I wrapped my Garland around it to give it more body. And here's the result: 











                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...