Pages

March 30, 2012

How to brighten up your (too) small balcony


It´s springtime, so I need some inspiration to brighten up my two small balconies. I have just moved in to my apartment last November so both my balconies are still really boring.
I have already cleaned them up a bit, but this is how they look right now:

There´re both terribly small, and I don´t want to spend a lot of money on it. Not just because I don´t have a lot at the moment, also because there are so many other things I want to buy and since the entire world is having a crisis I thought I´d join in with cutting my budget. So I need some inspiration to make my tiny balconies look nice and lively without having to spend a lot of money.  















First I need to get rid of that grey color. It found this lovely balcony with a pink wall. I really like these colors and those flowers, but I don’t think my boyfriend would be very happy with that pink wall. I was thinking of painting it a nice green color or white. I love the green color of the picture on the left. And I like the hanging flowers. Easy to make by putting a string around a used jar. Another thing I like is the rod on the floor. It’s a great way to brighten up the balcony and hide the grey concrete floor. Or you could use wooden tiles to easily change the appearance of the balcony. 

After that there is furniture. I love those adorable little chairs in French style. But I also love to sit outside to read the new Vogue and relax and I don’t think the adorable little chairs are very comfortable in that way. So I need something with pillows. Something like this:

This type of bench is really easy to make out of an old pallet. Pillows are easy to remove when it’s raining or in wintertime. And I love this bench because I can sit back and enjoy the weather AND my Vogue. 
                                                               









An alternative to the bench is a chair. I would love a rocking chair or a hammock chair like the one on the picture. This hammock chair looks really relaxing and it doesn’t take that much space. Which is kind of a condition since my balcony is not that big. A solution to the space problem is given by IKEA. You can hang your chairs on the wall when you don’t need them. I also like the white wall on the picture.


                                                                          









Next on the list is a table. A small one of course, something like this:

And finally it is time for flowers, plants and accessories. Previous pictures have already shown a lot of great ideas and beautiful flowers. But here are another few things I love:
 









 

Searching for pictures online and in magazines already made me enthusiastic, typing this post even more. Next week I'm going to buy some flowers and plants and after that I think I need to look for my hammer and some nails to start on a bench or a small table. In the meantime I'll start collecting jars and crates to put everything in. All I need now is a little bit of sun, could you send me some??

I have used pictures from these websites:
Bench 1                                    Bench 2
Bench 3                                    Rocking chair
White table with flowers              Grey table
White table                               Flowers 1
Flowers 2                                  Plant rack 1
Plant rack 2                              Hanging plant
Twinings plants                         Olive oil plants
Box with pillows                         Jars with tea lights 1
Jars with tea lights 2                  Pepsi crate
Wine box garden                       Bench made of pallets


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...