Pages

March 29, 2012

Dreaming of a wingback chair...


Ever since I saw the Disney movie Up, I have a thing for wingback chairs. Remember the scene with Carl and Ellie sitting in their chairs? No?? Here’s a reminder:


The thing about Disney movies is: they make you laugh and cry within ninety minutes, no matter your age. Little children love the pictures and characters for how they move and how they talk, and grownups like the jokes, the storyline, funny characters and details of the movie. Up was a great example of it and I loved it. You instantly loved the little boy and wanted to hug this grumpy old man, just because of is grumpiness. You are sucked right into this great adventure and will surely dream about flying around the world with a hand full of colorful balloons.


I dreamt about being a shrunken old woman in a wingback chair sitting next to my even more shrunken old prince charming. But since that is going to take another fifty years (I hope) to actually be true I went looking for a modern wingback chair. One that is great for its design and acceptable in the house of a young-and-full-of-life person. One that makes everyone who sees it gasp for breath and ‘wow’ of its appearance.

And I found one..!
Here it is:


It’s designed by Tom Dixon and launched in 2007. It's inspired by the 18th Century British Gentleman’s Chair and it makes me want to get a book and stay in it for two hours..! (I cannot sit still for a very long time so I probably won't make it the full two hours...but that’s not the point..). The design of the British Gentleman's Chair makes you feel a little posh, like a real gentleman (or woman). The design, I think, looks luxurious. Therefore, like you probably would have guessed by now, I'm a big fan.!
But for now I have to settle with a picture of this lovely chair and a dream about sitting in a wingback chair with a book in my hands, hanging in the clouds, because of this huge pack of balloons flying me, this chair and our book, around the world..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...